Valentine’s Day Recipes
Cooking away to glory is an integral part of most Valentine’s Day celebration. To win the heart of the beloved, the trick is through his or her tummy. To cook some fanciful valentine recipes and dishes should be the aim of most on this special day. For the ones who love to cook, it is just about making the right choice. Even for the ones who rarely cook, choosing a simple valentine recipe and preparing it perfectly and presenting it aesthetically might add to the magic beautifully. There are quite a few recipes that can be chosen for the occasion.
Valentine Recipes No. 1. Why not go for a tiramisu dish?
- To prepare this valentine day food, do like this:
In a mixing bowl, beat and whisk 6 egg yolks with 3 tablespoon of sugar.
- Add 1 pound mascarpone cheese and beat till you get a smooth mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and mix thoroughly.
- In a shallow dish mix 1 cup of strong and cool espresso and 2 teaspoons of dark rum.
- Now dip about 12 pieces of packaged ladyfingers for not more than 5 seconds and arrange them on a dish.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture evenly over the ladyfingers.
- Now spread another 12 pieces of ladyfingers in a similar manner.
- Spread the rest of the Mascarpone mixture on the second layer.
- Now cover the tiramisu with a plastic wrap for at 2 hours and not more than 8 hours.
- And voila your tiramisu is ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle bittersweet chocolate shavings as a garnish.
Valentine Recipes No. 2. Cook a fishy dish: salmon fillets with flavoured rice.
To start this valentine day food, do this: - Take around 4 salmon fillets and remove the skin.
- Prepare a marinade by mixing a tablespoon of yogurt, 2 teaspoon of lemon juice, two teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste, two teaspoon of onion paste, salt and pepper to taste.
- Nicely smear the fillets with the marinade and set it aside for about 2 hours.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil and add 1 big-sized chopped onion. Cook it till it becomes translucent and soft.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste and 1 tablespoon of onion paste, a pinch of haldi powder and a pinch of red chilli powder. Cook till oil comes out.
- Add 50 grams of chopped apricots and 200 grams of long-grained basmati rice and stir well.
- Pour 800 ml of boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and cook with the lid covered for another 15 minutes.
- Stir the rice well once.
- Now lower the heat to the minimum and after uncovering the lid place the fish fillet gently on the rice and cover the lid once more.
- Cook for another 15 minutes or so till all the water gets soaked in by the rice and the rice grains turn long and fluffy.
- Garnish it with pomegranate or chopped coriander leaves, as per preference.
- Serve it with raita or yogurt.
- Take four slices of sandwich bread.
- Spread two slices with Nutella or molten chocolate spread and cover the slices till the edges.
- Keep aside two slices.
- Take a ripe banana and cut it into slices.
- Now place the banana slices on two bread pieces so as to cover the slice.
- Scatter some choco chips on the banana slices.
- Cover each slice with the two other slices you had kept aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon of double cream, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Melt about 25 grams of unsalted butter in a large frying pan.
- Now dip the sandwiches carefully into the egg mixture to cover both the sides and gently lower it into the heated frying fan.
- Cook the sandwich for a minute till it is golden brown on both sides.
- Cook the second sandwich too in a similar way.
- Repeat the frying process to cook the second sandwich.
- Now cut each sandwich diagonally to get two triangular-shaped chocolaty soft spongy delicacies.
- Serve them hot. Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon to taste or dust them with flakes of icing sugar.
This cannot be called a valentine day food, but a valentine day dessert.
Valentine Recipes No. 4. Drink to romance, prepare a refreshing cool drink to enjoy in the recluse of the terrace or under the dimmed lights of drawing room or across a romantically set dining table sprinkled with diffused flames of fragrant candles.
- Pour 1 ounce of white rum.
- Add 1.5 ounce of coconut cream.
- Add another 3 ounce of pineapple juice.
- Add 2 cup full of crushed ice.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender till you get a slushy mixture.
- Pour it into glasses and garnish the drinks with cherries or pineapple slices.
And your refreshing drink is ready to sip. In case you need to turn the cocktail to a mocktail do not add rum.
Valentine’s Day recipes need not be elaborate so that you don’t end up spending most of the special day in the kitchen. The recipes should be innovative and most importantly the dish should be chosen with utmost care keeping in mind the choice of the one for whom you are cooking. Drinks with all fancy names such as “Romance” with the taste of Crème de Cacao and cream, “Soft Love” with the taste of bananas and cherries, “Chocolate Cherry Cha Cha” flavoured with chocolate vodka and coconut rum or the “Raspberry Chocolate Kiss Cocktail” where you get the richness of mint-infused syrup, finely crushed chocolate cookies, raspberries, vodka and cranberry juice all in harmony.
After the exotic start to a romantic evening, the menu for the valentines dinner can be equally mouth-watering with valentine day food and dishes such as baked sea fish with lemon butter sauce, or lamb chops assorted with bean and couscous salad, or maybe some Goan Prawn curry in a thick creamy coconut gravy or maybe a couple of jumbo sandwiches stuffed with hardboiled eggs, salt, pepper, mustard, steak, tomato onion and mayo.
A lumpy or crunchy side dish such as an apple salad with hazelnut dressing, or some fresh scallops, or a simple and cool cucumber salad will go well with a mouth-melting dessert like custard kisses, crumbly cookies, sugared scones, chocolate and almond pudding, a peppermint forest cake, a coffee cake or a carrot cake.